My dearest friend Megan came up to visit me from San Diego. I love when she visits. We workout, cook, eat, yoga, watch chick flicks on the couch…dye each other’s hair…
And this time, she made me these ridiculous cupcakes. She got the recipe from a blog called ‘Ming makes cupcakes‘.
What can I say, ‘Ming, I love you and please keep making cupcakes.’ She sent me the link and I recreated what she made and gosh it is so good! I always try to modify a recipe but just this one, just this one….I followed the exact recipe because I don’t want to mess it up. So here is the recipe. Don’t change anything. Follow! And say ‘Glorious’
1 1/2 flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick butter melted
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup milk
1 cup blueberry
1 stick butter
3 cup confectioner’s sugar
3/4 cup milk
3 Tablespoon maple syrup
1. For cake: Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix mix butter and egg lightly, then add milk and buttermilk.
3. Add milk mixture to the dry ingredients mixture and mix until just blend. (Don’t over mix!)
4. Toss blueberries in 1 Tablespoon flour and fold into the batter.
5. Bake 20 mins at 350’c (Don’t over bake!)
6. For frosting: In a sauce pan, melt butter in a medium heat till golden brown and it starts to smell like pop corn.
7. In a bowl, add the butter and sugar, then milk and maple syrup. Beat until smooth.