I thoroughly enjoy vegan, vegetarian dishes but I’m blood type O. I am a hunter. (I mean I ‘hunt’ at the grocery store meat department)
I need meat. And I do crave it. I whipped up this delish steak salad for lunch, (yes all for myself- and leftover for hubby’s dinner when he gets home. You with me?), ate at my kitchen island, standing, flipping through womens health magazine, (I know it sounds weird, but I like eating like this…). I feel good. I feel strong. I won’t get ‘hangry’ all day, no need to grab that chocolate bar….although I may be….I know I will be…
• 1 lb flank steak- Season with Olive oil, salt/pepper and some ground cumin.
• Teriyaki Sauce (yes you can make it from the scratch if you want to go all the way, but I have a store bought bottle sitting in the refrigerator, so why not?)
• Favorite greens for your salad (I used butter lettuce, micro kale, radish, avocado)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon Teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder(feel free to use fresh garlic, minced)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
sprinkle of red pepper flakes
1. Season the steak (see the ingredients above) and let it in room temperature for 30 mins.
8. Add 1~2 teaspoon teriyaki sauce, quickly mix the meat, brown bits, and teriyaki sauce together. If the pan is already dried out, turn on heat very very low. (You can add a small dollop of butter to finish up if you would like.)