We are vacationing in Mexico (yup, the same place) right now. I laid out in the sun too much today- I am like a lobster right now…Mexico sun ain’t the same as California sun….so I sneaked into the room, put some aloe and decided to write a recipe – Fool proof roasted chicken! It always turns out perfect everytime : crispy skin and juicy & tender meat. 100% fool proof. or your money back. You can make a quick pan sauce. Or my favorite is to serve it with pico de gallo, warm corn tortilla and my secret red sauce (see my ‘Mean fish taco’ post for the recipe). With leftovers- make chicken quesadillas or soup! One roasted chicken, 2 nights of meals done and done.
Vacation Day 2- weight gain probably 1.5 lb…still 2 more days to go.
1 organic chicken
3 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven 475’F
2. Wash the little guy and pat dry.
3. Mix 2 Tablespoon of salt and some black pepper in a small separate bowl.
4. Make an incision between each breast and skin with your knife and rub salt & pepper mixture in between the skin and breast. (It may gross you out…but think of the finished product. Crispy skin and juicy meat that everyone would love….)
4. Generally season the bird with salt and pepper (don’t forget inside of cavity)
5. Stuff the cavity with onion and garlic then tie that little legs together with kitchen string.
7. Roast at 475’F for 25 minutes (rotate half way through) then reduce the heat to 400’F and roast for an additional 45 minutes (again, rotate half way through), or until the thickest part of the thigh registers 160’F and the juices run clear.
9. You can make a quick pan sauce by, deglaze the roasting pan with white wine, add some thyme, orange peel, orange juice, salt/pepper and finish it with some butter). Or serve it with pico de gallo, warm corn tortilla(I love Trader Joe’s corn tortilla) and my secret red sauce (see my ‘Mean fish taco‘ post for the recipe)